Based on current international research, the Post Separation Parenting Program informs parents about the impact of separation and divorce on children. It provides parents with key information and strategies to assist children to successfully adjust to separation and divorce.
Aspects that are covered in the group are:
- reactions to separation
- adjustment processes in separation
- reactions of children to separation
- key ways parents can help children adjust to separation
- children's post-divorce reactions and need for positive parenting
- communication with children following separation
- some reasons that children need positive and constructive discipline
- establishing a working co-parenting relationship
- developing a new working relationship.
This program has been designed to fit into the busiest lives and is conducted over three evenings.