A parenting group to inform parents about the impact of separation and divorce.
What is Parenting After Separation?
Parenting After Separation provides parents with key information and strategies to assist children tosuccessfully adjust to separation and divorce.
The group is interactive and meets the requirements for Court Orders. Areas covered may include:
- Adults’ and children’s reactions to separation
- Adjustment process to separation
- Ways to help children adjust to the separation of their parents and to minimise the potential for harm
- Communication with children following separation
- Children’s post divorce reactions and the need for positive parenting
- Parenting Styles
- Tried-and-true methods that can help towards establishing a new and different co-parenting relationship
- Additional issues raised by participants (e.g. discussion of step-family issues; new relationships post-separation; dealing with legal processes).
Handout materials are provided and certificates of participation, suitable for submission to Court, will be provided at the successful conclusion of the program