Become an accredited mediator
Mediation is a structured and facilitated negotiation process in which an independent person (a mediator), assists the relevant parties to generate options and negotiate an agreement to resolve a dispute. Participants of this five-day Mediation Training Short Course will learn the knowledge and skills of the mediation process, and how to apply these to dispute resolution in a variety of situations such as workplaces, community settings and with clients or customers.
Objectives of the course:
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand the theory and practice of the mediation process
- assess when a conflict is suitable for mediation
- facilitate the mediation process
- understand how mediation can be applied in a variety of contexts
- respond to specific issues that may arise in the process (for example, family violence)
- assist parties document mediation agreements.
If you would like to become an accredited mediator, there can complete an additional assessment day. For more details, see the Mediation Training with assessment day course listing.