A one-day workshop to support organisations to become more inclusive of staff, students, patients and clients who are sex-, sexuality- and gender-diverse.
This workshop will focus on:
- defining 'sex', 'sexuality', 'gender' and 'gender expression'
- supporting the needs of each letter of the acronym
- LGBTIQA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual)
- identifying current social and legislative changes affecting the community and your workplace
- pronouns and partners: using inclusive language
- identifying how welcoming your physical environment is
- how to review policies, processes and paperwork
- LGBTIQA+ services and social groups, including queer online spaces
- being a better ally, particularly to young people and those who may not be ‘out’.
About the presenter
Deanne Carson is founder of Unique Sexuality Education and is highly regarded as a leading voice in sexuality education, gender equity and LGBTIQA+ inclusivity.
The training will include guest speaker Sally Goldner, a transgender advocate and community educator.
Workers in social and community services who may work with LGBTIQA+ individuals, families and communities.