Tuning in to Kids is a highly regarded and well-researched program that supports parents to develop and enhance their parenting skills, focusing on building the relationship between parent and child.
- have a child aged 3 to 6 years?
- have difficulty managing your child’s behaviour?
- want to strengthen your parenting skills?
- want to learn ways to better connect with your child?
- feel concerned about the level of conflict in your home?
This free program teaches parents:
- to be aware and to regulate your own emotions
- to be aware of your child’s emotions
- to use your child’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills to help your child verbally name their emotions
- skills to help your child to problem solve
- to guide your child’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
Targeted at the early years, this program is available to families with at least one child between the ages of 3 to 6. Please note that only parents attend this program, not children.Tuning in to Kids in Shepparton is provided by Relationships Australia Victoria.