As increasing numbers of us live longer and thrive in our later years, it’s never been more important to plan ahead. We often delay planning for the future until a crisis, illness or financial difficulty requires us to find urgent solutions.
As a result, decision-making can often be rushed, creating tensions and disputes in families, or resulting in unwise arrangements that cause problems further down the track.
To help guide better decisions for the future, we offer interactive, informative presentations and workshops to social networks, community groups and workplaces who work with families. These sessions can be delivered to staff working with older adults, or to older adults and their adult children.
- Planning: finances, living arrangements, care plans, advance directives, and powers of attorney
- Preserving: family relationships, social connection, autonomy and respect.
- Preventing: resentment, conflict and abuse.
- Presentations last for one hour, including time for questions.
- Workshops are delivered across two hours, and delve deeper into the content discussed.
- gain insight into the options and steps available to individuals and families to plan the best path forward based on their circumstances
- learn about the common pitfalls that can lead to tension, difficulties or abuse, or undermine family relationships over time
- find out how to avoid these avoidable issues
- learn about options for resolving issues when things go awry.