Emotionally Intelligent Parenting: Learn how to better understand and interact with your teen.
Backed by evidence-based research, over six weeks you’ll develop key skills to recognise and respond to your teen’s emotions.
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at understanding and talking with your teen through this important developmental phase
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen
- teach your teen how to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Teens teaches parents/caregivers how to help their teen develop emotional intelligence - a key skill that can help them better cope with their emotions, become more aware and assertive, and have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults.
This course covers:
- emotional intelligence and why it’s important
- the five steps of emotion coaching
- different parenting styles
- anger and conflict management
- problem solving
- emotional self-care.
Parents of pre-adolescents and teenagers aged 12 to 16 years.
Please note: This group may not be appropriate for all parents. Please contact us if your family is experiencing family violence, significant mental health issues or child protection issues. We will talk to you about your circumstances and whether this group is suitable for you.