connectEDspace - support for young people

Young people can face all sorts of pressures – including problems at school, with friends or at home.
connectEDspace is a website by Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV), dedicated to young people to help provide all the information they need to deal with the stuff they go through each day.

Aboriginal Family and Relationship Support

RAV provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and individuals to help strengthen family relationships.

Counselling provides an opportunity to talk with a professionally trained person to discuss couple issues, conflicts with friends, relationship breakdown, parenting, domestic violence, anxiety, depression, grief, sexual problems, childhood sexual abuse, stress and work related tensions and disputes.


Crisis/Help/Support | Families | Family violence | Government and legal | Health and mental health | LGBTIQ support services | Parenting | Problem gambling | Professionals | Rural | Seniors | Sexual health | Young people



 Family violence

  • If you feel unsafe right now, call the POLICE - 24/7. Phone 000
  • 1800 Respect - 24/7 National sexual assault, domestic and family violence telephone counselling service. Phone 1800 737 732
  • Australia's National Research Organisation for Women's Safety - women's safety research.
  • Djirra: Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service - Legal advice, casework and court representation. Phone 1800 105 303 (free call)
  • Domestic Violence Resource Centre - resources for those affected by family violence.
  • Elizabeth Morgan House Aboriginal Women’s Services - emergency accommodation and support for Aboriginal women in relation to domestic violence. Phone (03) 9482 5744
  • Family Relationship Advice Line - A national telephone service that assists families affected by relationship or marriage breakdown. The service provides advice on mediation services and issues that come up after separation including parenting after separation and property dispute resolution. Phone 1800 050 321
  • inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence - culturally sensitive Family Violence support for women and children from migrant and refugee backgrounds. Provides case management, immigration and legal support services. Phone (03) 8413 6800
  • Kids Helpline - 24/7 confidential phone, web, and email counselling for people aged 5-25. Phone 1800 55 1800
  • Legal Aid - VLA Legal Information Service - Free general information over the phone about the law and how we can help you. Open Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.15 pm. Phone 1300 792 387
  • Lifeline - Lifeline’s telephone crisis support service is available 24/7 to anyone needing emotional support. Phone 13 11 14
  • National Relay Service - Voice 1800 555 660 (free from landlines), or TTY 1800 555 630 (free)
  • No to Violence Men’s Referral Service - An anonymous and confidential telephone counselling, referral and information service for men. Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Weekends 9am to 5pm. Phone 1300 766 491
  • Office of the Public Advocate - 24/7 - Promoting the rights, interests, and dignity of people with a disability. Phone 1300 309 337, or TTY 1300 305 612
  • Parentline - A phone service that provides counselling support for parents and carers of young people who may be struggling with a range of parenting issues, including; parenting after separation, child/parent conflict, and disagreement about parenting strategies between care givers. Phone 1300 301 300
  • Q-Life - Telephone and webchat support services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex (LGBTQI) people and their friends, families and allies. Phone 1800 184 527
  • Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre - 24/7 family violence crisis accommodation and women’s refuge referral service. Phone 1800 015 188
  • Salvation Army Homelessness Crisis Line - 24/7. Phone 1800 627 727
  • Sexual Assault Crisis Line - Weeknights 5pm-9am, Weekends and public holidays 24 hours, Phone 1800 806 292
  • South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault - services for victims of sexual and physical assault.
  • Suicideline - 24/7 specialist telephone counselling and information to anyone affected by suicide. Call if you are thinking about suicide, worried about someone, or have lost someone to suicide. Phone 1300 651 251
  • TIS Translating and Interpreting Services. Phone 133 677
  • What's OK at Home? - website for young people experiencing family violence and other issues.
  • Womens Legal Service - Free legal advice by phone on our Legal Advice Line. Phone (03) 8622 0600 (for metropolitan callers) or 1800 133 302 (for country callers) 

 Government and legal

 Health and mental health

 LGBTIQ support services


 Problem gambling




  • Aboriginal Community Elders Services - A not-for-profit Aboriginal community controlled organisation, that provides a range of residential and community aged care services.
  • Advance Care Planning Australia - An Australian government-funded program providing information and resources on all aspects of advanced care planning.
  • Carers Australia Victoria - not-for-profit organisation, that provides practical, financial, and emotional support and information to family carers.
  • Community Legal Centres, Victoria - Independent community organisations that provide free legal services to the public. Visit the website or call to find your local service.
  • Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria - Run by and for older people, to advance the rights, interests and futures of Australians as they age.
  • Dementia Australia - Advocates for the needs of people living with dementia, and for their families and carers, and provides support services, education and information.
  • Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) Victoria - A free, confidential and independent service to older people (or their representatives) who are receiving an Australian Government subsidised aged care service in Victoria.
  • Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria (ECCV) - A state-wide, peak advocacy body representing ethnic and multicultural communities in Victoria.
  • Law Institute of Victoria - Referral service to solicitors who can give advice in a range of areas including family law.
  • My Aged Care - National entry point to access aged care services, including help at home, transition, short-term and respite care, and residential aged care services.
  • National Ageing Research Institute (NARI) - Lead research organisation producing publications and resources to  guide aged care practice and policy, and improve the lives of older Australians.
  • Office of the Public Advocate (OPA) - Provides services to protect and promote the rights, interests and dignity of people with disability living in Victoria. These services include advice, education, and resources about powers of attorney, advanced care directives and guardianship.
  • Seniors Rights Australia - Provides information, support, advice and education to help prevent elder abuse and safeguard the rights, dignity and independence of older people.
  • State Trustees - Provides financial and legal assistance for every stage of life, including assistance with executor services, powers of attorney and wills.
  • Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) - A low cost, accessible, and independent tribunal providing information, referrals and support for dispute resolution. Involved with disputes about powers of attorney and guardianship.
  • Victoria Legal Aid - Provides free information and legal advice, fact sheets, booklets, and educational resources.

 Sexual health

 Young people

  • connectEDspace - resources for young people.
  • headspace - mental health services for young people.
  • ReachOut - online mental health support for young people.