As the elders of our communities, you have a right to be treated with equality, dignity and respect.
Our aim is the empowerment of older generations through:
- prioritising your choices and preferences in regard to wellbeing and support
- advocating for seniors rights at an individual and community level
- providing education on issues affecting older generations.
We recognise that older adults deserve:
- to enjoy life
- to have their culture, sexuality and life choices respected
- to be independent
- to be empowered and have positive self-esteem
- to be free from harm and mistreatment
- autonomy to choose and make decisions
- to be treated with dignity and respect
- to be acknowledged as important
- to be valued
- opportunities for participation, volunteering and lifelong learning.
When dealing with us, you can expect:
- support in maintaining independence and autonomy
- participation in all aspects of decision-making
- a focus on strengthening important relationships.
Download our Charter of Rights for Older Adults.
View Relationships Australia Victoria’s values here.