Everyone gets frustrated or angry on occasion, particularly when they are under pressure. Most people deal with their anger and frustrations in ways that are socially acceptable and appropriate. Other people however, may deal with their anger and other strong emotions in unhelpful ways that do not lead to a resolution. They may even make the situation worse.
In this workshop, we will discuss and practice strategies that you can use to diffuse situations where clients, colleagues or community members may be exhibiting strong emotions and/or difficult behaviours. When using these strategies, it is important to have an understanding of your own particular triggers and how you can manage your own emotions.
- understand how and why people react to difficult situations physically and emotionally
- learn ways to manage their emotions
- learn about effective communication skills
- identify strategies to minimise difficult behaviours and move towards positive solutions
- gain an understanding of how to minimise the risk to themselves in the workplace.
A range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses dealing with challenging clients or colleagues.