Through our five-day intensive course, you’ll learn to facilitate mediation, a structured and facilitated negotiation process for resolving disputes.
You’ll gain the practical skills needed to be a mediator - an independent and impartial person who assists people in conflict to generate options, negotiate agreements and resolve disputes.
You’ll develop knowledge and skills of the mediation process, and how to apply these when working with clients, customers and colleagues, including across workplaces and community settings.
Choose to undertake an additional assessment day to become an accredited mediator and take the next step in your career.
Face to face & interactive - ask questions, see skills demonstrated first-hand
Highly-experienced trainers - backgrounds in corporate, family and community mediation
A leading provider of mediation and dispute resolution services for over 30 years, we continue to deliver both funded and unfunded services.
The course will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to:
- understand the theory and practice of the mediation process
- assess if a conflict is suitable for mediation
- facilitate the mediation process
- understand how mediation can be applied in a variety of contexts
- respond to specific issues that may arise in the process (for example, family violence)
- assist parties to document mediation agreements.
People interested in learning about resolving disputes and conflicts in their workplace or personal life, and those who want to start a career as an accredited mediator.