connectEDspace - support for young people

Young people can face all sorts of pressures – including problems at school, with friends or at home.
connectEDspace is a website by Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV), dedicated to young people to help provide all the information they need to deal with the stuff they go through each day.

Aboriginal Family and Relationship Support

RAV provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and individuals to help strengthen family relationships.

Counselling provides an opportunity to talk with a professionally trained person to discuss couple issues, conflicts with friends, relationship breakdown, parenting, domestic violence, anxiety, depression, grief, sexual problems, childhood sexual abuse, stress and work related tensions and disputes.


Family Dispute Resolution (mediation)

A service to help couples who are separating to resolve their family law disputes. These disputes may include conflicts over child care, child support, financial arrangements and property settlement.

RAV offers family dispute resolution, also known as mediation, to help couples who are separating to resolve their family law disputes.

We provide Family Dispute Resolution (FDR), which is also known as mediation, with a focus on redressing imbalances of power, safety, and the best interests of children.

We also offer a number of other services for separating couples, including education, information, counselling conciliation and group work.

Parenting plans or agreements are used to assist in this process.

People who wish to go to court to resolve disputes in relation to their children (parenting matters) are required to first attend Family Dispute Resolution/mediation, and make a 'genuine effort' to resolve their disputes. Some exceptions to this requirement apply - for example, in situations involving family violence or child abuse, or in urgent matters. 

If you have a background in law, psychology, social work or dispute resolution and you are interested in a career in the expanding Family Dispute Resolution/mediation field, view our Professional Training.

Find out more about Family Dispute Resolution (mediation):

Booklets about separation

Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) has produced two free booklets to help men and women who are going through separation and divorce. The booklets have been developed to provide accessible and useful information and emotional support for those entering this period of complex considerations about the best ways forward.

There is also a copy of the booklet - Men and Separation - for migrant men, available in English and Arabic.

There is also a booklet available that encourages separating parents to consider the best interests of their children during the separation process.

This brochure explains the value of consulting your children during the family dispute resolution/mediation process.