You can gain employment with Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) if you are:-
- an Australian citizen: a birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current passport is proof of eligibility,
- a permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport: you are allowed to stay and work in Australia without restriction,
- a non-citizen with a valid visa that provides work rights: a current passport containing the visa is proof of eligibility. As the visa has an expiry date, non-citizens can only engage in casual, temporary or fixed term roles that do not extend beyond the expiry date. Visitors on a Working Holiday visa are permitted to work in temporary or casual roles, but for no longer than six months with any one employer.
Documents that are a proof of Right to Work-
- Full Australian Birth Certificate (if born before 20 August 1986) and a form of photo ID,
- Full Australian Birth Certificate (if born on or after 20 August 1986), a form of photo ID and evidence that at least one parent was an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child's birth,
- Australian Citizenship Certificate,
- Australian Passport,
- New Zealand Passport,
- New Zealand Birth Certificate and a form of photo ID,
- Certificate of evidence of resident status,
- Valid visa with work rights.
Documents that are not a proof of Right to Work -
- Tax File Number,
- Driver's licence,
- Medicare card,
- Bank account,
- Referrals from employment agencies,
- References from previous employers.